Thanksgiving Day in Pocatello was wonderful. I worked the coffee shop in the morning and many happy, grateful customers and friends came to share coffee. Then when I arrived home, Ron had the turkey in the oven and side dishes prepared. The "girls" needed a romp at the golf course so off we went and then the traditional ritual of stuffing ourselves and osmosising into couch potatoes. Ahhhhh-

So with just 2 days left in November and Christmas just days away.........we went in search for our perfect 2009 Christmas tree! Today was sunny and snow was not in the forecast and the "girls" were ready for adventure and the challenge of tree hunting.
We get our tree permit from the Forest Service and pay $5.00 for our tree. Then they have designated areas for tree cutting. This year the area was, Knox Canyon. Knox Canyon is about a 30 minute drive from our house - more or less. It is a beautiful area and there are many, many trees to choose from. Side note here - trees almost ALWAYS look smaller outside then they do in our living room! We set out - KNOWING that success would be ours because on our way to Knox Canyon - a beautiful and illusive wild cat crossed the road in front of us! What a treat!
Come along and Enjoy our day with us.....................................
Is our tree over here, Gracie?
We eventually found "our" tree. I did video the cutting craziness with all three girls trying to help but after spending 12+ hours trying to get e-blogger to download my 4 minute video and having my HO HO HO dissolve into BAH HUM BUG - I have opted for snap shots and trying to regain the sanity I had lost - Ok Ok - so maybe not ALL of the sanity - but I AM trying!
Good job, Girls! Show us the way back to the car!
With our spoils in hand, we loaded up to head home. A perfect day and our perfect tree!

Beautiful tree, I bet the girls had a blast. I can't wait to see what the tree looks like all ready for Christmas. Love the pics. Wendy
ReplyDeletePhotojournalism!! Great job on the photos Mom. The tree looks like a real beauty. So much for getting a smaller tree, huh....
ReplyDeleteI miss my Gracie-pooh.