Today the gas man came. He ran a gas line from the basement, up to the kitchen for our new gas range! The electricians were also here and we now have temporary light bulbs in a few of the pot lights. Ron now has a new electric outlet in the garage so we can run our compressor without blowing fuses!
April 2, 2011
Today is Saturday so there are no workers here. Ron and I both worked, so all we accomplished today was a run to Lowes for supplies for our tasks tomorrow.
April 3, 2011
We are working on the floor today and removing counter tops. We have laid out all of the extra flooring we had kept after putting in the new floor back in January 2010, and determined that we need a few full sheets of the flooring to complete our task. Tomorrow I will call all the suppliers of this floor and see if ANYONE might have any in stock. We are also planning a run to Idaho Falls after work on Monday, to find a light fixture that we can not find in Pocatello. There are times I LONG for a big city! Or at least a city that does not shut down completely on Sundays.

April 4, 2011
Today the contractors re-set the partial wall. They did not originally put it up correctly, not squared to the outside wall and that is unacceptable! It does appear that the squaring up attempt helped. They also put some insulation in the family room ceiling. That looks like the extent of their day. I was able to find some flooring in Denver and by paying outrageous freight, we will have it here on Wednesday. Ron and I made a quick dash to Idaho Falls to see if we could find live-end strip lighting that we could not find in Pocatello. We did, but did not want to pay $400.00 for a 4 foot strip of metal, so now we will attempt to find a less expensive one on-line. Our trip was not a failure, however! We did order a kill switch for my scooter (to replace the broken one) and found a carrying rack for it as well! Happy Day! Now if we could have some sun and warm weather?!?!?!? Oh, and dinner at the Italian Gardens was wonderful!

April 5, 2011
When I got home today, there were sheets of sheet rock piled against the wall. And all of their tools were gone. (?!?!) But the appliances were delivered and that is good!
April 10, 2011
Sunday and I find myself trying to recap what has happened the last few days. There has been no sun, the temperatures are still way below average and the snow continues to fall. Global warming? Yea, right.
Our flooring did come in and with the new pieces and ingenuity, we were able to complete the floor to our satisfaction! The ceiling dry wall is up and in the process of mudding all the seams and screw holes, the new gas stove is in and we have sent the center island off to the wood working shop to be reconfigured, a bit shorter than originally planned. We determined that the first sample of granite was not to our liking and we are back to ordering samples in search of the right one!
DRYWALL DUST EVERYWHERE!

I Repeat, DRY WALL DUST EVERYWHERE!

I repeat, DRYWALL DUST EVERYWHERE!

Tomorrow, Monday, it is scheduled to finish up all sheet rock mudding and texturing. Possibly, Tuesday the painting of the ceiling could begin!

Oh My Goodness Momma! I can't believe how big of a project this turned into! he he he. I bet you can't wait for the chaos to be over! But, OH! how exciting this is! I can't wait to come there for Christmas to see all the home improvement work that has been happening! Love You!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I really enjoy the blog. I love to see the progress. Thank you for taking the time to do this!!
ReplyDeleteCT3 and Ron,
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed with all the renovations! You and CT2 & Chuck put CT1 and Rick to shame. I look forward to see the finished kitchen.