December found us traveling once again. One week in California and one week in Kansas. We flew into the Long Beach airport and immediately separated for the week. Original plans were to meet Gretchen and wait for Kara to get off work and join us for dinner. BUT on the flight there Mr. Ron changed all the plans and left me standing alone in the Long Beach airport in the pouring down rain!
Kara took off work early and drove to rescue her stranded mother! Then between the constant rain and no rental car, Ron and I spent all but Christmas Day on our own special vacations. He babysitting grandchildren and completing "daddy-do" lists, and me,
geocaching with Kara and completing "mommy-do" lists!
Christmas Day Ron was able to join Kara and I for a few hours and one non-rainy afternoon I was able to make it to Mission
Viejo for a few hours. I only have pictures of Christmas Day. In my rush to make it into Mission
Viejo, I left my camera behind.




Then it was off to Topeka to visit with Ron's family. All of his siblings were there. We stayed with his sister, Mary and her husband, Steve, in their beautiful new home. I do believe we were all fast asleep when the New Year's Ball fell in time's Square!
We had a delightful few days! There were wonderful meals, great conversations, AMAZING coffee, slippery nipples and even an afternoon playing with glass slumping! A hobby Mary and Steve have fallen in love with and so much a part of me! Carol came along on our glass adventure and was bitten by the
slumpin' bug as well!



I was able to squeeze in three outings with my good friends, Barbara and Kathy. Barbara is fighting the battle of breast cancer. I admire her courage and heart and positive outlook. I
LOVE my friends, these strong women! We raised our children together and faced, head on, hand in hand, all life threw our way. They held
me up through my divorce and will always be a part of what is good in my life. On our last coffee morning, Barbara arrived without her wig, in a ball cap. When she took her hat off , she has never looked so beautiful! Her tiny bald head starting it's regrowth of hair...shouting...You may knock me down, but you
WILL NOT keep me down!
It was a good thing..... our Topeka visit.
My life is full, my cup
runneth over....................
No comments:
Post a Comment